09/25/2012 · 8:08 am
5 Steps of Grieving for the Parents of Picky Eaters
- Denial – This is no big deal. It’s just a phase. I’m sure you’ll be hungrier tomorrow. If I keep putting healthy food on your plate, you’ll eat it.
- Anger – Why me? This isn’t fair!!! Are you freaking kidding me? You liked this exact same thing last week. I worked really hard on this healthy meal, and YOU ARE GOING TO EAT IT!!!
- Bargaining – Just try it. I’m begging you. If you try the green beans, you can have some dessert. What about the pasta? If you eat your pasta, you can have a sticker on your sticker chart. And a tootsie roll.
- Depression – Why do I even bother making meals for you people? Cooking for this family is the hardest job in the world. I think I’m going to cry again.
- Acceptance – Just have another peanut butter sandwich, Honey.